Intro

Specializing in short, honest movie reviews.

May 4, 2009

Wolverine

I approve of this X-men prequel thingy. Hugh Jackman (or as my mom likes to call him, Jack Hughman) does his thing as usual, and we get to see his ass. A+

Also Liev Schreiber is in it and I love him too. We don't get to see his ass. And he's not necessarily hot, what with crazy canines and claws, but I'm willing to look past these issues.

I was worried about how Gambit would turn out, but he was alright. My only complaint was that he had a generic southern accent rather than a Cajun accent. But he was pretty (and more baby faced than I expected) and his special effects were cool, so he passes.

My only other major complaint was that for some reason Wolverine's CGI metal claws LOOKED CGI. I can't remember having that issue with them in the other X-Men movies, so I dunno whats up here. I feel like the color/lighting on them was off somehow. I shouldn't be able to obviously tell things are CGI these days, you know?

I can't comment on the story because I wasn't ever into the comics (only the Saturday morning cartoon) so I don't know if its true to the comic or whatever. I'm sure my fellow nerds have something to say on that matter elsewhere.

No comments: