Intro

Specializing in short, honest movie reviews.

May 31, 2011

POTC Part Four!

I have a complicated relationship with the Pirates movies. I loved the first one, but as I was driving home from the movie theater my car was totaled by a drunk driver running a red light. He didn't even get a ticket, by the way - the cop said he thought the accident was "punishment enough". WTF? Other people can drunkenly careen through red lights and into my car and not get a ticket, while I got a ticket once for riding my horse in the park on the wrong day of the week (p.s. eff you, Chico!).

I saw the second one at the precious old-timey theater in Ely, and was so bored that I slept through what I hoped was most of it. I was angry when I woke up and still had twenty minutes of boring to sit through. I was so mad at the second one that I never even bothered going to the third one.

So, it was with some trepidation that I went to the fourth one, especially since we went to the same theater where I saw the first one (I took a different route home this time). Luckily for me, the movie was entertaining and not associated with any traffic accidents. Despite the fact that Jack Sparrow as a romantic lead is a little bit of a stretch, and the obvious truth that Penelope Cruz is an actress best suited for silent films, the movie was fun to watch and full of predictable but still awesome Jack Sparrow antics. Aaaaaand that hot guy with no shirt on. I'm hoping the next one is less G-rated.

No comments: