Intro

Specializing in short, honest movie reviews.

October 27, 2013

Instructions Not Included

I only saw this movie by accident. Like most lazy Americans, I would never intentionally subject myself to a subtitled movie (or, you know, bother to learn a second language). But I ended up at a theater where I had to pick a movie based solely on the requirement that it must start within 15 minutes, and this was it. I admit that I entertained the idea of sneaking into Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs Part 2 when the subtitling thing became apparent, but I'm glad I stayed.

This movie is about an immature man-whore in Mexico who gets left with an unexpected reminder of his playboy ways - a baby. The mother leaves the baby and takes off, and the rest of the movie is a cute, sweet story about dad and daughter. The characters are generally one-dimensional but amusing, and the movie manages to be funny despite ranging from a little silly to over-the-top ridiculous. I won't say anything else so I don't give anything away, because you really should go see this movie. It's a good reminder about how you should be careful about judging other people because you really don't know the whole story.

I recommend Cinemarella not see this movie without a full box of tissues, because the end is pretty rough. Seriously. You're going to need to bear down.

No comments: