Intro

Specializing in short, honest movie reviews.

December 31, 2009

Lady Blogpants' Top Five Movies of Aught-Nine!

This was a very good year for movies. I usually can't come up with five I didn't hate, let alone five for which I have a metaphorical movie boner. Now that I've made you thoroughly uncomfortable, here's my list! In ascending order of awesomeness!

5. District 9. I went into it skeptical and came out with my eyes falling out of my head. I can't wait for the sequel. Seriously, I'm not waiting. It's happening now.

4. The Hurt Locker. If you thought Point Break was Kathryn Bigelow's best movie, you're still right, but this one is a very close second. It will break your heart and your brain, plus it's got the best homoerotic army wrestling scene THIS reviewer has seen in years.

3. Star Trek. Attention Hollywood! This is how you make a good action movie! They should show this in movie class. I also love the little touches like the early scene where someone gets sucked out into space and there's suddenly NO SOUND except for all the nerds in the theater going oooooooooooooooooo.

2. Observe and Report. I don't really even have words. This movie is just so goddamned good, and so woefully underrated.

1. Zombieland. HOLY CRAP ZOMBIELAND!

No comments: