Intro

Specializing in short, honest movie reviews.

December 21, 2009

Avatar

I was iffy about this movie initially, mostly because I thought the trailer looked like poo. I hadn't planned on seeing it. And then there was the buzz! Nominated for a Golden Globe! Either Hollywood was kissing James Cameron's ass, or it was actually decent. So when my boss suggested we all see it has part of our holiday team lunch/movie event, I went along for the ride. And guess what?

I liked it! Still a little computerized for my taste, but not horribly--the aliens actually looked real-ish, texture-wise (except for the eyes...lets try to get the eyes right next time, team). Good story (made me cry, but most things do). I'd probably even go see it again in the theater, which is saying something.

No comments: