Intro

Specializing in short, honest movie reviews.

December 31, 2010

Cinemarella's Best and Worst of 2010

I'm keeping it short and sweet this year.

WORST MOVIE OF 2010: LEAP YEAR
I fucking hated this movie. I went in with such high hopes, because the trailer looked so cute, and I love Matthew Goode and Amy Adams--but no. My hopes and dreams for this film were crushed and scattered, much like the movie theater popcorn that littered the theater's floor. Adams' character was so unlikable that you didn't want her to get EITHER of the guys, and if you can't root for one of the main characters in a rom-com, what the hell is the point? Ugh.

BEST MOVIE OF 2010: HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON
Yes, I'm picking an animated feature. But how can I not? So funny, with great dialogue and voice acting, a great all around story, plus the cutest dragon in all creation. Instant win! This is also the only movie this year that I actually purchased on DVD, which I think says something.

Happy 2011 everyone! Let's hope Hollywood gets it shit together the coming year.

No comments: