Intro

Specializing in short, honest movie reviews.

December 8, 2011

Young Adult

Hey, did you guys know I live in Los Angeles? And get to do all kinds of good movie stuff you can't do most other places? I'm not sure if I've mentioned that before on this blog. Due to my living in this wonderland, I got to see a SUPER DUPER SECRET SNEAK PREVIEW of Young Adult a couple of months ago, with the usual star-studded Q&A afterward and everything (YAWN).

And it was really good! Really really good! Unique and dark and hilarious in parts and tragic in other parts. Patton Oswalt deserves a best supporting actor Oscar nomination (which he won't get), and Charlize Theron is much better than I would've guessed from seeing her on Arrested Development. The script is pretty great, except for one trite plot point that ends up being the movie's one flaw. I can overlook that, though, because it's a little misstep in what is otherwise SO GOOD.

Young Adult: go see it!

No comments: