Intro

Specializing in short, honest movie reviews.

January 23, 2012

Disneydisneydisneydisney

I've been informed that I'm a giant slacker, but in all fairness to me, all the movies I've seen in the theater recently have not been new.

That's right, kids. I'm talking about Beauty and the Beast 3D. And Lion King before that. (Okay, yes, I did see Sherlock 2---maybe I'll get to that in a minute. If you're lucky.)

Sooooo, Disney 3D. I think I've whined about 3D on this blog before, and I still think its dumb because my brain and eyeballs get so used to it after about 10 minutes that I don't even realize I'm watching 3D anymore. However, seeing movies I saw as a kid up on the big screen again is FREAKING AWESOME.

I remember no spectacular 3D moments from Lion King, but the opening bit of Beauty and the Beast was pretty cool (where it cuts through the forest to the castle).

I wish they could make these 3D things as awesome as the 3D in the Disney Parks--where things actually look like they're flying out at you? And also maybe with the special effects (wind/water spraying, smells, etc.) How fucking rad would that be?

No comments: