Intro

Specializing in short, honest movie reviews.

March 31, 2012

The Hunger Games

Unlike my fellow blogger, I actually liked this movie--I'd probably even pay to see it again, and it intrigued me into wanting to read the books (which I haven't read yet), so already its doing better than most things Hollywood is shelling out these days. I was entertained and not angry about editing or dialogue, and I quite enjoyed the performances from Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Woody Harrelson (who doesn't love Woody Harrelson?). However, I have to say that by far my favorite character was Seneca Crane/Wes Bentley's beard. That thing was fucking amazing.

The only part that I didn't like was the damn shaky camera, especially in the very beginning (pretty much everything that happens in District 12 before they get sent to The Capitol). Seriously, I had to look away from the screen several times because I felt dizzy. I don't know if it chilled out after that, or I just got used to it, but the remainder of the movie I was okay. Also, I want Jennifer Lawrence to be my new best friend, because she is freaking HILARIOUS in interviews.

1 comment:

AmandaG said...

I loved the books (and really enjoyed the movie - went to see it again yesterday) : D The books go into a lot more detail than the movie could have - definitely worth the read. Totally agree with you on Seneca's beard, lmao. I heard that the director is going to change for the second movie, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for less shaky cam. There were some points where I felt like the shaky cam effectively captured the anxiety of a scene, but there's other ways to do that and not make the audience feel ill ; )