Intro

Specializing in short, honest movie reviews.

July 9, 2008

Concession Confession: WANTED

So, Lady Blogpants and I spent this past weekend in the Land of Movies, aka Hollywood, aka Los Angeles, and boy, did we watch the hell out of some movies! I have to agree with LB's opinion about LA: "They take movies seriously there." Damn skippy. We saw some BEAUTIFUL theaters, and in every movie we saw the crowd was really into it, clapping, cheering, laughing. It was a great experience.

Moving along: WANTED (AKA: "Mr. Tumnus Bends Bullets" as per Lady Blogpants.)

Good and Plenty:

~Good action and special effects.
~Good humor at appropriate moments.
~Morgan Freeman.
~James McAvoy.
~Bullets that bend in midair!
~A fantastic scene where Mr. Tumnus is sucked into a car. ITS FABULOUS.
~I totally saw this movie in the best theater ever, which increased my adoration of it.

Sour Patch Kids:
~Angelina Jolie is too damn skinny. Well, in this movie anyway. Not right NOW, being all full of twins.
~James McAvoy did a pretty good job with an American accent, but I heard it slip a couple of times.
~"The Loom of Fate." I shit you not.
~While the idea behind this movie is new and interesting, they kind half-assed it near the end.

GRADE: A-. I was very entertained, and quite enjoyed myself.

No comments: