Intro

Specializing in short, honest movie reviews.

July 22, 2008

Mamma Mia!

Since I don't like musicals, Meryl Streep, or ABBA, I went into this movie with such low expectations that I halfway expected to be pleasantly surprised. I was not.

Despite the fact that it is a conglomeration of the aforementioned three things that I don't like, there were some fun and funny moments. These were completely overwhelmed by the astoundingly horrific thing that is Pierce Brosnan in a musical. It's hard to explain in words the pain of watching him lip sync his role. When you were little, did you ever walk in on your parents doin' it? Do you remember the burning in your eyes, the way your face wrinkled in revulsion, and the way your legs and arms churned like a cartoon character as they were unable to carry you away fast enough? That's what it was like.

Et tu, Colin Firth?

No comments: