Intro

Specializing in short, honest movie reviews.

January 7, 2010

Avatar: Revisited

Last weekend Lady Blogpants and I went to see Avatar in THREE DEE (she hadn't seen it yet, and I kept having everyone and their mother tell me I had to see it in THREE DEE). I have to say that while some scenes were particularly cool in THREE DEE, in many places it was actually distracting and, at one juncture, made me a little queasy.

Anyway, I still like this damn thing. I can't really explain why? I mean, the CGI is of course awesome, but the story is completely predictable, a lot of the dialogue is lame (though not nearly as lame as in the Twilight movies), and its a little cheesy.

Then again, I'm one of those people who still LOVES Titanic, years later, and it still makes me cry. Maybe I'm just a James Cameron fan-girl and never realized it? Or a sucker for a love story.

No comments: