Intro

Specializing in short, honest movie reviews.

December 7, 2012

Pitch Perfect

I have an embarrassing confession to make. In the august year of 1992, I arrived at college to find a vast and mysterious a cappella subculture. It was completely absurd how many a cappella groups there were at Stanford at that time. I have no idea if the early 90s were a peak time for a cappella, or if it's still like that--jeez, it's probably even WORSE now, because of Glee--but it was absolutely ridiculous. I never stopped making fun of a cappella groups, but I also was a fan, because sometimes harmonizing is empirically rad.

So anyway, Pitch Perfect is about a cappella groups. And parts of it are awful, and parts of it are great, so it falls into that middle ground where it isn't so-bad-it's-good OR so-good-it's-good. It's just kind of okay. And I have had it with the gross-out "comedy". NO MORE PUKING OR SHITTING IN MOVIES.

No comments: