Intro

Specializing in short, honest movie reviews.

September 18, 2009

National Treasure: Book of Secrets (DVD Review)

....

Okay, don't get me wrong. I love a good puzzle-solving, scavenger hunt type movie, and I really liked the first National Treasure, but I have several issues with this one. I enjoyed everything, even, until they went to Mount Rushmore. But then things got a little out of hand. The archaeologist/historian in me went batshit insane.

I was going to type my actual thoughts and grumbles here, but decided in the end to spare you all. I assure you, however, those ramblings involved the words, "fucking insane"; "insulting"; and "HELLS TO THE NO". None of the writers did any kind of research including, but no limited to, actual HISTORY. Douchebags. (I know its just a movie, but while you can fudge the date a little of when the HMS Resolute was decommissioned, its a little different to supplant an entire ancient culture...but I digress).

But the first part was fun! And I love Riley. THE END.

P.S. The Olmecs had nothing to do with fucking Mount Rushmore. MEXICO, people. Assholes. (the writers, not the Olmecs).

No comments: