Intro

Specializing in short, honest movie reviews.

May 19, 2008

Concession Confession: The Inside Scoop on IRONMAN

Good and Plenty:
--Excellent special effects.
--The plot wasn’t horribly weak, as it can sometimes be in this kind of movie. Which doesn’t make me love them any less, by the way.
--Gwyneth Paltrow doesn’t have a fake English accent (I actually secretly love Gwen, don’t let me fool you).
--Awesome opening bit.
--I sort of love Robert Downey Jr., possibly because when I was a wee lass I loved that stupid movie with him and Melissa Tomei (Only You).
--The robots weren’t stupid like they are in Star Wars (I’m still bitter, George Lucas, still bitter).


Sour Patch Kids:
--The hero, Tony Stark, is pretty much a douche-bag the entire film (I’m sort of torn over whether or not I think this was actually a bad thing.)
--My dad told me to wait for the thing after the credits, and I did, and had no idea what was going on. So if you’re not into comic books, or don’t know anything about Ironman (like moi), don’t bother.

No comments: