Intro

Specializing in short, honest movie reviews.

June 25, 2008

Concession Confession: THE INCREDIBLE HULK

I'm such a slacker. I totally saw this movie with Lady Blogpants and Blogtastic, and I've been naughty and not posting.

THE SCOOP:

Good and Plenty:

~This version sucked less than the one with Eric Bana.
~The gentleman who played the bad guy, Tim Roth, was definitely creepy enough. Yowsa.
~The first five minutes (during the credits). This played very comic booky to me, which I liked. And there was no dialog. Coincidence?
~The last two minutes.


Sour Patch Kids:
~What the crap was up with Liv Tyler's upper lip? It looked weird. It bothered me the whole freaking movie. In fact, Liv Tyler bothered me in general, and usually I can stand her. I didn't even mind her in LOTR (which I realize may make me a traitor to my nerd brethren, but whatever).
~I did not need to see skinny Edward Norton (despite my like of him) naked, curled up in a fetal position, in a shower. DO NOT WANT.
~I was pretty sure my ears would be bleeding when I left the theater (amazingly, they were not, but I'm now partially deaf). The amount of noise (in the form of Hulk yelling retardedly, explosions, and a retarded sonar related scene) in this movie was obnoxious to say the least. Ugh.
~I prefer my superheroes, when they're leaping about buildings, to not DESTROY them as they go.
~"Do you want me to walk you to the bus stop?" Need I say more? I liked Lady Blogpants' response in the theater: "Oh, that's going to go well."
~I think Lady Blogpants also summoned it up when she compared the Hulk to a kid. But really, when are men not like kids? (I WENT THERE).

No comments: