Intro

Specializing in short, honest movie reviews.

June 8, 2008

Concession Confession: KUNG FU PANDA

Before I begin, I realized that we, the bloggers of this fabulous movie blog, have yet to do little biographies of ourselves for you, the readers, so that you could better understand what types of movies we each love or hate (and other useless information) that would allow you to maybe know whose blogs to look for if you have similar movie tastes, or whatever. Sorry. We're slackers. We'll get on that right away *cough*.

If you hadn't already guessed ("Cinemarella" is a big clue), I'm a big fan of animated features, Disney or not (though, I have a giant soft spot for anything Disney, of course, as I sold them my soul when I went to work for them awhile back). That being said, my reviews of said movies might be slightly bias. Ahem.

THE INSIDE SCOOP:

Good and Plenty:
~The opening of this movie is fabulous, and my brother and I were hooked from the start. We were "blinded by awesomeness," as it were.
~Great voice characterization and computer animation.
~HILARIOUS. Enough silly jokes to entertain the kiddies, but also some jokes that are a little more grown up. Best part? There weren't any fart jokes! Zomg.
~I think that even if you don't like Jack Black, or any of his other movies, you'll like this one. He does a cute job as the panda, yet you totally know its him, because he says things like, "Skadoosh!"
~Cute plot, and as far as an animated feature moral goes, a nice one.
~My favorite scene is totally the acupuncture scene. This movie wins simply for this scene and both Jack Black and Seth Rogan's participation in it.

Sour Patch Kids:
When I left the theater last night, I literally couldn't think of anything to put here. Since I've had some time to think about it a little, I've come up with two things:

~I couldn't figure out what the hell type of animal Shifu (the Kung Fu teacher) was. Google tells me he was a "red panda," which? PRECIOUS.
~I was puzzled near the beginning that the Tiger, called Tigress (dar), didn't look particularly feminine, yet had a feminine name. Until she spoke and I realized it was totally Angelina Jolie.

1 comment:

Bird said...

Red Panda's are the best. I saw a couple at the zoo in D-town and swear to god they make the cutest fucking sound ever heard. No lie...go check one out if you can...