Intro

Specializing in short, honest movie reviews.

November 7, 2009

Clooney + Goats? YES PLEASE!

When I found out there was a movie starring Clooney, goats, Jeff Bridges, and the oft-naked* Ewan McGregor, I penciled it into my calendrical filofax--with a PEN. And I am happy to report "The Men Who Stare at Goats" does not disappoint. Well, that's not entirely true--the first half hour mostly disappoints, but if you can hold on until Jeff Bridges shows up, you will be delighted for the remainder of the movie.

Don't believe the bad reviews--they were written by dumb people. This movie has flashbacks, goats, lots of Jedi metajokes, and dancing mustachioed Clooney, and apparently is mostly a true story. One and a half thumbs upward! (The half thumb deduction is for the slow start).


*I'm talking full frontal ding dong naked. Not in this movie, unfortunately.

No comments: